What Accent???

According to my daughter I don't speak correctly- I put Rs in words where there are no Rs and drop the Rs when they exist...OK, I come from Boston...Everett to be exact. My husband understands me perfectly, (He's from Everett too.) My kids were brought up in New Hampshire so unfortunately they missed having the accent. They also missed growing up in the city,
taking the bus to Boston and shopping in Filenes' Basement- (Boy- do I miss that place! I love fighting for bargains!). Luckily they can relive my childhood by reading my book, Bus Route To Boston. (whether they want to or not!). OK- My kids are now 16 and 22- and I have been living in NH for 10 years. A far cry from Everett- no street lights here or sidewalks and I'm still in search for a decent loaf of bread. You take the girl out of the city, but you can't take the city (or the accent) out of the girl!
....and I'm waiting for Filenes Basement to open again...2009 I think!